Friday, July 10, 2015

REVIEW: Arcane by: Sever Bronny


Author: Sever Bronny
Publisher: Sever Bronny Ltd.
Release Date: November 24, 2014

Synopsis: 

Fourteen-year-old Augum and friends Bridget and Leera dream of becoming warlocks. But with a kingdom in total chaos, it will take courage, sacrifice, and an iron will to make that dream come true.

The Lord of the Legion, a vicious tyrant, has overthrown the king in a relentless and murderous quest for seven mythic artifacts--and Augum's mentor, the legendary Anna Atticus Stone, possesses one. While Augum struggles with demons from a painful childhood, a betrayal puts him, his friends, and his mentor through a harrowing ordeal that threatens to destroy them all ... and change the course of history.


Arcane, the debut novel in the fantasy adventure series The Arinthian Line, follows three friends as they navigate an ancient abandoned castle, endure grueling training, challenge old mysteries, and learn that a bond forged in tragedy might just be the only thing to save them from a ruthless enemy.

Review:

Augum is a fourteen year old boy who has had it a lot harder in life than most other kids around him. For as long as he can remember he has been an orphan. He's constantly being made fun of and mistreated because of it. Augum loses a lot throughout Arcane but he gains a lot when he befriends Bridget and Leera. Together the three friends are thrust into an epic journey of survival and self discovery. 

I can't even describe how cool I thought Arcane was. I enjoyed it so much, I didn't want to put it down. Everything within the scenery, setting and dialect screamed medieval times, and I found that very refreshing. I've always been fascinated with that time period.

Sever Bronny did  an amazing job with the character development, story progression and the story line. Within the first chapter I was invested with what happened with Augum. Sever wrote with such clarity that I was instantly transported to the world in which Arcane is centered around.      

Augum was a really well developed character and I got attached to him fairly quick. I loved how despite everything that he has to go through he never gives up. Yeah, it may get him down but he still manages to keep persevering and manages to overcome every obstacle thrown at him.  I really liked that even though he gets bullied he's determined to stand up for himself and others. Augum, because of being an orphan, has never had any friends until Bridget comes into the picture and I liked watching him learn what goes along with friendship and what it means to have friendships. You get a chance to see a lot of his backstory too, which gave the story that much more depth.


Mrs. Stone is something else. Her character has such depth. She's like 70 or 80 years old and can kick so major behind  but she's also like a strict no nonsense grandmother. As the story develops you get a glimpse into her past and how she ended up where she is in life. I really enjoyed how Mrs. Stone took on the responsibility of being a guardian to the kids and being there for them when the needed it. I did find her teaching techniques a little odd but I guess whatever gets the job done. 

Bridget was someone that you would instantly want as your friend. She's very kind, considerate, polite, and loyal. From the moment that Bridget was first introduced she's instantly likable.  

Leera was so funny and she said what was on her mind the minuet that it popped into her head. She's also very loyal to her friends and instantly took up with Augum. I really enjoyed the repertoire that occurred when you got her together with Augum and Bridget, and the comments that were spoken whenever the prince would be in her presence. 

I really enjoyed reading Arcane and following along with Augum's story. I felt that the pace was perfect and exactly how it should be for each particular part of the book. Everything is in there for a wonderful book, character development, pacing, action, heartache, discovery, growth, and many, many more things. Sever Bronny did an exceptional job with Arcane and I can't wait to get my hands on Riven, the second book in The Arinthian Line series.

I highly suggest giving Arcane a try, it's a very fun, fast and entertaining read. This is a book that I feel most ages could get into easily. Although it is intended for the teen years I see no reason why an adult wouldn't be able to enjoy this book, I know I absolutely LOVED it!! So go out right now and find a copy of Arcane by Sever Bronny! I've listed a link at the bottom of where it can be found.



Amazon

And while you're here you can take a look at Sever Bronny's webpage also. He posts all kinds of things pertaining to the book world. http://severbronny.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me comments, I love reading them. I try to respond to all comments within the same day, but it may take me a day to respond. I do comment back and enjoy the conversations.