Saturday, April 25, 2015

Picture Perfect







So, in my last Feature and Follow post I was explaining how Mountain Rhinestones ended up with it's name and trying to describe the beauty of the place that I live. The imagination is an amazing thing but no matter what words I choose to describe the Appalachian Mountains, it does nothing to capture the picture perfect view. I've decided that I would post some pictures so everyone can get a clearer picture of what I was trying to describe.  

This is one of two waterfalls a few miles away from my house, located in Twin Falls State Park, West Virginia.

And this is the other waterfall, located in Twin Falls State Park, West Virginia.


This is the Pioneer Farm also located in Twin Falls State Park, West Virginia.















The New River Gorge Bridge, Raleigh County, West Virginia. The worlds longest single arch bridge.


    
The Lost World Caverns in Lewisburg, West Virginia. About an 1 1/2 hour drive from my house.

   
Seneca Rocks, Monongahela National Forest, West Virginia. The same Seneca Rocks featured in Jennifer L. Armentrouts Lux Series.

Blackwater Canyon, West Virginia

Winterplace Ski Resort Ghent, West Virginia


My honey up on Tater Hill behind our house.


Mountains in my hometown.

On the riverbanks. My youngest one is pretending to have a magic wand with a stick.

Sunrise from my front porch.

My honey and my oldest and me (I'm taking the picture) out Geocaching.


2 comments:

  1. My family has friends who live near Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. It is a joy every time we go down from Pittsburgh PA for a visit. No matter the season there is such beautiful majesty everywhere I look.

    Your photos are amazingly lovely. How I envy you the natural beauty surrounding you each day.. and the honey ain't to bad either. :) Can you tell I'm a transplanted country girl?

    Lovely pic and post - thank for sharing this.

    Marsha @ KeeperBookshelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marsha! Yes, I can totally tell you're a transplanted country girl. You understand how it's just something you have to see to be able to describe it. I like him pretty good, I think I'll keep him lol. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me comments, I love reading them. I try to respond to all comments within the same day, but it may take me a day to respond. I do comment back and enjoy the conversations.