Thursday, April 30, 2015

April Recap





This month it has been a little difficult for me to get much reading done. Life threw me a curve ball and bunch of stuff has had to take up the majority of my time. Three books is probably an all time low for me and that bums me out because I love the different fantasy lands I get to visit through out my reading. So for the month of May, with things getting somewhat better, I promise to try harder to bring you more book reviews.

Shiver by: Maggie Stiefvater 














Linger by: Maggie Stiefvater













Dare to Dream by: Carys Jones















Book of the Month:

 


" The world was going to end. Of that, Maggie Trafford was certain."

Fourteen year old Maggie Trafford leads a normal life. Well, as normal as being crammed in a three-bedroom house with four siblings and a single parent, can be, anyway. But despite being somewhat ignored at home, Maggie excels, earning top grades, a best friend who would do anything for her, and stole looks from a boy in Maths.

It's not until the dreams start that Maggie realizes ''normal'' is the least of her problems. Every night, she lives the same nightmare-red lightning, shattered glass, destruction. But nightmares are just that, right? No one believes her when she says it's an omen. At least, not until the mysterious pillars of Stonehenge start falling.

No longer alone in her fear, Maggie and the world watch with bated breath as one after another, the historic stones tumble, like a clock  counting down. But only Maggie knows what it means: when the last stone falls, destruction will reign. And when the world ends, there's only one option left-survive. 

Horrifying and raw, Dare to Dream is equal parts tragedy and hope, detailing the aftermath of apocalyptic catastrophe, the quest for survival, and the importance of belief. 


Coming soon:

Saving London by: Taylor Dawn 
Run (NOLA Zombie #1) by: Gillian Zane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me comments, I love reading them. I try to respond to all comments within the same day, but it may take me a day to respond. I do comment back and enjoy the conversations.